January 23, 2008

the big sissy

I am such a cold weather wimp. The only days I have ridden this past week were when it warmed up a little twice- and then I was riding other curlies, so Sunny has been somewhat neglected in the way of riding. I'm going to force myself to get out there though- hopefully TODAY. (and it will defenitely be bareback!)
I defenitely think I want to buy Ghost, the straight curly I was riding. (oh yeah- and thanks Denise for helping me figure that out!) My parents are convinced that both horses are an excellent deal :-) Then I have two horses to work with! It'll be really fun, because sometimes I think a rider can get into bad habits when only riding one. They have such different personalities, but are both so sweet. Ghost is a sabino, and his coloring up by his neck especially reminds me of marshmallows in hot chocolate . I love horses with unusual coloring (although that wasn't what made the decision for me for either Sunny or Ghost!) I think I will be working the rest of my life for my parents to make up the difference in what I could pay. Or maybe it just feels that way. It might take a year anyway!
I think I will defenitely change Ghost's name- just like Sunny was Moonie, I don't care too much for Ghost. Mom suggested Casper- as in, "Casper the Friendly Ghost" I don't know...
It's cold out, but clear and not too windy. Time for a ride!! Sunny will be thrilled- especially if I let him graze around the yard afterwards ;-)

No comments: