January 06, 2008

RAC January 2008


I have been really bad about keeping this blog updated! I will try to do better this year. :-) Since Sunny and I are doing the RAC (Ride A Curly) contest I thought I'd try to keep an update of our progress throughout the year. Yesterday we got our first ride of the year in. (cheers, bouncing of ceiling, etc.) Sunny did really well despite the blustery conditions outside our property. I posed for pics in the RAC t-shirt with a longsleeve shirt under that, but for riding out I had another sweater and heavy coat plus gloves because there was that much temperature difference.

Our cat joined me in the saddle for awhile, both today and yesterday. Today it was minus the saddle because I rode bareback. She is the goofiest cat, she just settled in and started purring. She looked way too content, but Sunny knew he had something different aboard so he refused to do anything silly. That's a good thing, because B.C. has sharp claws when she chooses to use them.

The weather is so crazy- just several days ago it was just above zero, and today it felt like a spring day with temperatures in the 50's. This is my kind of weather! But it's sure to change in the next few days. Whether you like the weather or not, it won't stay the same for long here.

I am really excited to see what fun adventures are waiting for us this year. It's always better to look at the world from between a horse's ears!

2 comments:

Noah said...

So what happened to keeping your blog updated better? Seems to trailed off shortly after you met me...LOL

Cara said...

well, I didn't have much new to say during Feb. because of weather, then I had surgery, and then I forgot. LOL.