June 17, 2007

new saddle- on it's way, club tour

I ended up ordering the gaited saddle (OK, so mom did- for some reason she doesn't trust me with a credit card, LOL) Hopefully it will be here in time for the 4-H horse show, which is the 28. The people at Country Supply said it would be. I guess I will find out if they were being truthful.
Yesterday we had the 4-H club tour- where everyone goes around to everyone elses houses and looks at projects too big to bring to the meetings. So I gave a demo with Sunny ( "how a saddle should fit" by viewing the one that doesn't!) and showed everyone my mini lop ( a kind of rabbit) We were the first stop, so I got to go in and clean up a bit before heading to the next person's place. I am wondering whose dumb idea it was to have the tour on a freaking 90 degree day at 3 in the afternoon!! I am the secretary, but my brain was obviously somewhere else when we decided date and time.
I rode Sunny a total of 3 times the last 7 days. It has been SO HOT. Poor Sunny is out in the real heat (even though we don't have air conditioning, our house is at least 20 degrees cooler) but he seems to be handling it much better than me. I whine; he just stands in the shade and swhishes his tail. He doesn't even fuss when I get the insane idea to put a saddle on him at 3 in the afternoon! I didn't put the girth on though, and I didn't get up there. I did however reluctantly don jeans and go (not so reluctantly) on a short bareback ride. That was fun, but I was quite glad to change back into my lightweight shorts for the rest of the tour.
stay cool!

2 comments:

Noah said...

I am the secretary, but my brain was obviously somewhere else when we decided date and time.

LOL

Cara said...

I better not open my mouth up anymore. ;-)