June 04, 2007

last 10 days or so

Wow, I have really been ignoring this blog!!! Unfortunately, it wasn't because I couldn't tear myself away from all kinds of outstanding adventures with Sunny. Nope, nada, zip. (pouting) The weather and my schedule have conspired against me for the last week, and I have had very little riding time. Yesterday I rode Sunny for awhile bareback, even though the wind was almost 30 mph, and it felt SO GOOD to be back on him. Another day I might have been disappointed that we didn't get much accomplished- yesterday I thought it was a great accomplishment to be on him at all! He had been enjoying his little bit of time off from work ;-). I spent lots of time on the non riding days just being with him in the pasture and grooming him. So it wasn't a total loss, especially from his point of view ("I get attention AND I get to eat at the SAME time!!! This is heaven!") HOPEFULLY the weather will be improving. It's getting really near to my trip time, I leave for Miami July 2 and from there head to Peru for 2 weeks- so riding time is a precious comodity right now.
Happy trails!!!

No comments: