June 08, 2007

parade (2)

It looks like I will be able to get there {the parade} as of this afternoon, (Friday!) nothing like last minute changes!!
I borrowed a better fitting Arabian sized saddle for it, and I am defenitely loving it- its pretty old, probably one of the "new" synthetic saddles, but it is SO AWESOME. I didn't ride yesterday (high winds) but I did try it on him Wednesday, and took about a 3 hour ride, which was really nice. OK, back to the saddle! It is an Abetta Cordura, and it probably weighs about a third of my present ill-fitting saddle. Which I'm sure Sunny appreciated as much as I did.
I am VERY happy I got to borrow it, since otherwise- no parade! (M+D nixed my idea of riding bareback - "it's on asphalt!" even though the parade is really short) As if I don't ride him bareback on asphalt NOW, but I didn't feel the need to bring that up to them...

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hi Cara. ;-) So did you get to ride in the Parade? That's always fun! :-)