May 10, 2007

boring day...

I knew I should have gone for a ride this morning, but I really couldn't since I needed to be in town to help my brother with yard work early (something about the city giving him a citation if he didn't get his grass cut ;-) At least I got paid, which is all $ to go into my fund for my missions trip to Peru this summer. OK, I'm getting off track here!
After I got back home, I went back out to greet Sunny, and he was in a really wierd mood. I think because it was so muggy he was just annoyed since he's not used to the hotter weather yet. Since I was hot too, I waited until it got a little bit cooler before I took him out. A cloud cover had blown in, and it brought the temperature down about 8 degrees, which was a big improvement. It did kind of look like rain though, so I didn't bother to take time with the saddle and only gave him a cursory grooming (which made Mom remark on our way out, "White socks? I don't see any white socks." ) Ok, so they were a little bit speckled with dirt, but you could still see that they were SUPPOSED to be white.
As we were heading out the drive, I saw lightning to the south but was pretty desperate for a ride (read: being stupid) and thought" Oh well, I see blue sky to the north, lets just ride that way". So we stopped by our neighbor's so I could ask her a question, and then headed down her field road. As we were about 3/4 of the way down, a huge roll of thunder comes across the sky and Sunny jumps about a mile up and sideways. Fortunately, he had been sweating pretty good out in the hot sun that day, so my jeans stuck to him well. So after I got him calmed down, I decided I had had enough of being stupid and we headed for home. He was still acting odd, though he had plenty of energy as usual, so I bet he got a little dehydrated while he was in the pasture since his water bucket indicated he hadn't been back in much to get a drink. We were'nt out nearly long enough to make up for the lack of yesterday's ride. Mom told me yesterday thatI couldn't ride until my room was cleaned up. For only two days of mess and living either out at the barn or in the schoolroom or living room (I'm homeschooled ;) I sure had a ton to do. So, I got finished, but not in time for a ride :( That was my "adventures" for the day... hopefully I will have more interesting things to write about in the coming weeks. I am hoping to attend a show on the 19th that has Curly classes... crossing my fingers I can get the transportation worked out (we have the trailer, not the truck)

1 comment:

Denise Conroy said...

I've done things like that too Cara. But the good news is that you didn't get hurt. Black flies are out here right now and they are miserable!