May 25, 2007

farrier/ride

Today our farrier came, which was good since Sunny's hooves are getting pretty chipped up. I have been concerned with how much they are wearing even though I have not been riding him on the road recently. I have been keeping Rainmaker on them faithfully, but it hasn't been doing too much good. So John suggested putting some gelatin in his grain, and he said that with the Rainmaker should keep his hoof moisture at the right level. Sunny has such a sweet tooth, I doubt he will have trouble with some sweet gelatin of the apple or strawberry variety. ;-)
I rode mostly in the round pen but also went on a short ride down the lane. Sunny seems to have lost his head bob with the foxtrot, and without that I've heard it's not a true gait. Humph. I guess I have some reading up to do on the foxtrot and riding it well so I can see what I'm messing up on. Of course, I wasn't using a bit, I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. But it was a fun ride nonetheless.
:)

No comments: