May 13, 2007

The past 3 days

It was totally the perfect day for riding on Friday... but I didn't, since I think I go on my emotions too much. You know how sometimes you get a weird feeling, like you are absolutely positive you are either supposed to or not supposed to do something? Well, I had the oddest feeling that I was NOT supposed to ride Sunny. So, I didn't, though Mom was trying to shove me out the door all day. I don't really know what would have happened if I had- maybe nothing, but then again just wondering about it could have caused me to tense which would make Sunny tense, and on in circles like that until something did happen.
So it frustrated me, but I stayed earth bound Friday. Saturday, another perfect day, was already booked to spend the day in St. Louis with my grandmother for her birthday. So to make sure that I wasn't grumpy the whole day ("Yet another perfect day wasted!!") I got up early and went out for a quick morning bareback ride. You'd think Sunny would have been happy to go for a ride, and I guess he was, but he sure could have fooled me at first ;-) He was really happy to hear me come out of the house, and I could hear his nicker all the way from the sidewalk. Then I came down , without any food, and put his halter on him and tied him up for a grooming. If a horse could put his hands on his hips, that was what he was doing! He was also giving a pretty good glare. I was disrupting his plans for yummy grain, and he let me know that loud and clear.
I was OK with that since I was just happy to be riding again (it's like a drug you know- addicting!)
It was short but really fun, once I convinced Sunny to stop pouting and enjoy himself. :)
No reports on today yet, but I am planning on a good ride when it cools down a little and if I am back online tonight I'll write about it.

No comments: